Educating and Empowering
guiding You With Birth and beyond
A gentle, nurturing approach that encourages informed decision making to enhance your preparation and readiness for parenthood. Our online childbirth course contains hours of videos and information curated by professional midwives and practitioners. Self paced from the comfort of your own home with twelve months access. Exclusive inclusion to the BirthHQ Private Facebook Group where you will have priority communication with midwives, Hayley and Gillian.
Ready to have the best childbirth possible?
Book your online childbirth course now!
The Online Childbirth Course provides access to amazing video content covering the topics of pregnancy, labour, birth and the first few weeks of parenthood.
Module One: The Changing Body and Nutrition
- Explore the changes to the pregnant body
- Understand the role of hormones
- The importance of adequate diet and nutrition
- Safe eating guide and foods to avoid in pregnancy
- Antenatal cares through pregnancy
Module Two: Labour and Birth
- Explore the changes to your body during labour and birth
- The stages of labour and what to expect
- When to call your caregiver
- Assessments attended throughout labour and birth
- Birth preferences
Module Three: Unexpected Outcomes
- Cascade of intervention
- Induction and augmentation of labour
- Medical pain relief options
- Assisted births
- Benefits and risks
Module Four: Caesarean Birth
- Explore the reasons for caesarean birth
- What is involved in the process, preparation and procedure
- Cares attended immediately after birth for mother and baby
- Importance of family support
- Expected recovery
Module Five: Active Instinctive Birth
- Midwife tips to prepare for labour and birth
- Understanding the pelvis changes to accommodate your baby
- Optimal fetal positioning and strategies to assist baby into a better position for birth
- Explore reasons why labour can be painful and how to work with contractions to enhance coping mechanisms
- Benefits of movement and positioning in labour
- Natural pain relief options and incorporating the use of birth skills
- Massage, breathing and relaxation techniques
Module Six: Breastfeeding
- Benefits of breastfeeding for baby and mother
- The first feed and the importance of skin to skin
- Correct positioning and attachment
- Identifying baby feeding cues
- Understanding your milk supply
- Hand expressing colostrum
- Partner involvement and support
- Common concerns and problem-solving strategies
Module Seven: Parenthood
- Hospital preparation ideas and packing your bag
- What to expect after birth for mother and baby
- Baby cares and procedures
- Safe sleeping recommendations
- Enhance your informed decision-making in the best interests of your family
Module Eight: “How To” Demonstration Videos
- Safe sleeping
How It Works
Become informed by two knowledgeable experienced and passionate registered midwives and nurses with over 24 years combined experience.
A range of modules covers all aspects of pregnancy, birth and beyond into parenthood.
Self Paced 24/7 Access
Learn at your own pace anytime, anywhere to suit your individual needs.
Your home is a calm peaceful environment to make you feel at ease to optimise learning.