Acceptance of Terms
- By accessing, downloading or using the products and services offered on our Site, whether or not you register as a member, you agree to be bound by these Terms, which you acknowledge that you have read and understood.
- We may change all or part of these Terms at any time. If we do, the new terms and conditions will be posted on this Site. Your continued use of the Site will constitute your acceptance of any changes. If you object to any changes to the Terms, your only remedy is to immediately discontinue your use of the products and/or services.
- All BirthHQ products and services are intended for general education and information purposes only. Nothing on this Site, or any of the content provided to you by us during our provision of the products and/ or services, purports to offer legal, medical, tax or other professional advice. Use caution and always seek professional advice before acting on any information that we provide.
- You acknowledge and agree that Gillian Hacking, Hayley Hall and BirthHQ employees and representatives are not responsible for decisions that you may make on your birthing journey. Always seek your own medical or professional advice for your particular situation.
In order to join a BirthHQ Program, you will need to provide your name, email address, username, password and other personal information. Your registration information must always be accurate and current. You must not impersonate someone else or provide account information or an email address other than your own.
Purchasing a BirthHQ Program
- a) Payment methods
For your convenience, you can purchase a BirthHQ Program using your credit card. We may add or remove payment methods.
- b) Third-party payment processors
Your payment is processed by secure PCI-compliant third-party providers. Your credit card information and bank account details are not stored by us on our servers.
- a) Recurring payment
BirthHQ may offer a payment plan option which would include a recurring payment on a set frequency for a set period of time.
- b) Frequency of payment
The payment frequency will be specified upon purchase. The payment plan frequency will typically be monthly for a period of 3 months.
- c) Automatic payment via chosen payment method
By providing your payment details, you authorise us and agree to the payment being automatically debited via your chosen payment method at the start of each payment period.
If we provide the option to purchase lifetime access to a course, your access will terminate if the course ceases to exist.
Refusal of membership
Joining a course is subject to our acceptance and we reserve the right to refuse membership without reason.
BirthHQ uses third-party tools and services to provide our Site and Programs. Access to the Site and/ or a Program may be affected by these third parties. You agree that sometimes you may not be able to access the Site and/ or a Program and that no action may be initiated against us if there are reasonable delays.
Termination of membership
We reserve the right to terminate your membership, and or access to certain features of a course, with or without prior notice to you. We will make reasonable efforts to provide notice, but we are not required to do so under these Terms.
Program description’s and changes
We try to describe our programs in a clear and concise manner however we may make mistakes. We may correct errors in pricing and descriptions. We reserve the right to refuse or cancel any order made with an incorrect price due to an error.
We may at any time change or discontinue any aspect or feature of a course, subject to us fulfilling our previous responsibilities to you based on acceptance of your payment.
Community platform access
We may provide access to a community forum or social media platform. We may limit or deny access to these platforms for anything we deem inappropriate. We will make reasonable efforts to inform you that you have acted inappropriately though we are not required to provide notice to you and may take immediate action to remove your access.
Acceptable use of your BirthHQ account
- a) You must not use your account for any illegal or unauthorised purpose.
- b) You must not share your account, login details or password (except with an authorised administrator). This may result in immediate cancellation of your membership.
- c) You are responsible for all activity that occurs via your account. You must notify us immediately if you become aware of any unauthorised use of your account.
- d) You must not use another person’s account.
- e) You must keep your contact, payment and other information accurate and updated.
- f) We may use your account information to manage your use and access to a program.
- a) Video content within a Program
BirthHQ Programs include video content. These videos are provided for your personal viewing only whilst logged in to your account. You must not download, reproduce or use these videos for any other purpose.
- b) Other content within a Program
Within a Program, some content is made available for you to download for your personal use. You must not share BirthHQ content or use it for any other purpose.
- c) Transfer, sublicense or granting access to our content
You must not transfer, sublicense or grant access to a BirthHQ Program or any of our content. No license to sell or distribute our materials is granted to you or implied.
The content on our Site is copyright © 2020 and owned by us or other copyright owners. The name BirthHQ and the associated logos are registered trademarks in several jurisdictions together with holding common law trademark recognition.
Assignment of intellectual property
We do not assign any of our intellectual property rights to you.
Permitted use of our content
All content on this Site, including within a BirthHQ Program, is solely for your personal use.
You must not modify or copy the layout of this Site.
Data and scraping
You must not use web scraping software or any other method to copy data on this Site.
Material you submit to the site
You must not upload, post or make available on this Site any content protected by copyright, trademark or other proprietary right without the written permission of the owner of the content. It is your responsibility to determine if any content is not protected and available for you to use. You are liable for any damage resulting from the use of protected content and you indemnify us from any claims, liabilities and expenses arising from you submitting any content not belonging to you to our Site. By submitting content to the Site, you warrant that you have the authority to use and distribute that content.
Intellectual property rights to your materials
Anything you supply to us is yours and we don’t claim intellectual property rights over any of your content.
We may provide the option to comment on BirthHQ content. Comments are not anonymous and may be viewed by others.
The BirthHQ website contains links to third-party websites and resources. We are not responsible or liable for the availability, accuracy, content or policies of third-party websites or resources. These links don’t imply our endorsement or affiliation. You take sole responsibility and assume all risk arising from your use of these links.
Purchases from third parties
Any purchase you make from a third-party through our website is done at your own risk. Your contract is direct with the third-party. We are not responsible for these purchases.
By providing your email address to us, you consent to receiving emails from us. You have the option to unsubscribe from the email list at any time.